martedì, giugno 12, 2007

A room with a view

I love this kind of traces, memories of a gone-by civilization.

I love both the strange and old fashioned architectural design (the narrow stairs are wonderful) and the stories that imagination stimulates: who lived in this rooms? How many secrets do these walls keep? Who chose tiles colors?

Camera con vista
Adoro questo genere di tracce, memorie di una civiltà passata.
Adoro sia lo strano e superato impianto architettonico (le scale così anguste sono meravigliose), sia le storie che l'immaginazione stimola: chi ha vissuto in queste stanze? Quanti segreti custodiscono queste mura? Chi ha scelto i colori delle piastrelle?


2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Altho there REALLY is not resemblance, this building reminds me of the ancient Anasazi Indian cliff dwellings in the Southwest, USA. Funny how our minds work sometimes.

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonimo said...

It reminds me of the remains of the city of Sendai-shi in Japan after repeated bombings by b-17s and b-29s during the war. I think in the whole city there was one part of an apartment building.

Abraham Lincoln
Just a Lily today, plus a shaft of sunshine on my oak tree. A blessing for a bountiful crop — I hope.
Brookville Daily Photo

2:48 PM  

Posta un commento

<< Home


NDP Stats